The International Energy Star certification guarantees a standard in energy efficiency for windows used in the harsh Quebec climate. They are not the only windows to be energy efficient. Even non-certified windows can be energy-efficient.
The factors that will influence the energy efficiency of a window are varied. The performance value is the result of some or all of these factors.
Without being limited to these factors, they are:
- The climate zone where the property is located (1, 2 or 3);
- The total windowed area of the wall;
- The components used;
- The quality of manufacturing, assembly and sealing;
- The insulation and overall thermal resistance of the door or window;
- Whether or not the door has side panels;
- Accessories for exterior and interior windows, such as tiling, shutters, blinds or other features;
- The energy performance of the components (glass, door seals, threshold);
- The quality of the assembly work of the components that are subject to quality audits by Natural Resources Canada;
- The amount of sunlight received by the region;
- The solar energy transmission coefficient of the glass;
- The Energy Star test results (RE factor, U factor, solar heat gain coefficient, A, B or C rating).
Ask one of our in-store consultants about our Energy Star products, as well as our other products in order to know the advantages of each.